Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolution 2008



Read directions ... what a boring resolution, but when it comes to knitting it definitely is important. I have a sock for my daughter that has elf toes since I assumed the toe was 2" long but the pattern called for 3.5" for the toe. Since these socks are rainbow striped the elf toes look even worse! Now I'll have to tear it out and redo the toe so it will fit. I HATE to rip out knitting...hours wasted!!!

Now on to goals for 2008 - I want to try Fair Isle (stranded) knitting this year. I've found a hat pattern (Fake Isle Hat) that is supposed to be a good beginning project. I also found a mitten pattern (Corazon) to try too. These patterns are on Ravelry and they are FREE. I need a new hat, my daughter "stole" my koolaid hat project. I can always use a pair of mittens in the frozen tundra here in northern Michigan!

Hey - have a VERY safe and prosperous NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Knitting B said...

Oh, too bad! Maybe she could wear them at Christmas time? :) The stripey yarn looks great.

June said...

oh my goodness! That's too funny, maybe not to you tho! I love fair isle and advocate any and all learning of the craft - like you said, start with something small and work your way up - not socks or mittens tho, I think a hat is an excellent choice, then the mittens, then the . . . you get my drift!! lol